KGLP, 91.7 on your radio dial, is, should, and can be YOUR public radio station. KGLP is a non-profit and member-supported organization. Our primary income is generated from your membership dollars. Major grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and others are leveraged by your pledge.
Yaateeh beautiful people! Please, read and share. Pay close attention to the "FEAR FACTS."
Remember, Ben Shelly will be holding several public forums starting Tuesday, about the Senate Bill that proposes to settle Navajo Nation and Hopi Tribe water rights. Spread the word! We need people power and presence at each of these forums- it can be done!
The following is the schedule of public forums on the Little Colorado River Water Rights. All meetings are scheduled at 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the respective location indicated.
• April 17, 2012 Greyhills High School Auditorium, Tuba City, Ariz.
• April 18, 2012 Pinon High School Auditorium, Pinon, Ariz.
• April 19, 2012 Ganado Field House, Ganado, Ariz.
• April 20, 2012 Oak Springs Chapter House, Oak Springs, Ariz.
• April 24, 2012 Leupp Chapter House, Leupp, Ariz.
• April 25, 2012 Teesto Chapter House, Teesto, Ariz.
• April 26, 2012 Fort Defiance Chapter House, Fort Defiance, Ariz.
This is our opportunity as concerned community members to express our opposition on the SB 2109. Let us continue to make our presence known and our voices heard! "WE" are fighting for our precious elements, our rights, way of life and future generations. We will fight this to the end, in "UNITY and SOLIDARITY as a PEOPLE!!!"
Please, keep those signatures coming! Your signature and involvement is needed. For those of you attending the forums in your community, this is the opportunity to get signatures. "Ahehee'."
indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.comProtests on the Navajo Nation have been in high gear ever since last week, when tribal members and activists got wind of a proposed settlement that aims to help quantify Navajo water rights